Billing growth of 29% and Revenue growth of 21.5% y/y
Net Profit growth of 36.5% q/q and 47.6% y/y
Bengaluru, 14th August 2021: Matrimony.com Limited, the leading online matrimony company, announced its unaudited standalone and consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2021, as approved by its board of directors.
Murugavel Janakiraman, Chairman and Managing Director said, “We have delivered yet another good quarter with strong y/y billing, revenue and profitability growth. This is a result of keeping our purpose at the core; the mission to create happy marriages, happy families and in turn, building a better Bharat. This purpose is reinforced through continued product innovation to enhance market positioning, customer experience and growth momentum”.
Key financial highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2021
- Billing at Rs 105.2 crores (decline of 1.4% q/q and growth of 29% y/y)
- Revenue at Rs 105.5 crores (growth of 4.3 % q/q and 21.5% y/y)
- Profit After Tax (PAT) at Rs 13.8 crores (growth of 36.5% q/q and 47.6% y/y)
- Billing at Rs 104.7 crores (decline of 1.3% q/q and growth of 29% y/y)
- Revenue at Rs 104.9 crores (growth of 4.2% q/q and 21.8% y/y)
- Added 2.2 lakhs paid subscriptions during the quarter (growth of 31.6% y/y)
- During July 2021, the Company has signed definitive agreements to acquire a 100% stake in Boatman Tech Private Limited, promoters of ShaadiSaga.com, as approved by its Board of Directors. The acquisition will be by way of share purchase from the existing shareholders for an aggregate consideration of Rs 11 crores (subject to adjustments at the time of closing). The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
About Matrimony.com limited
Matrimony.com is India’s leading consumer Internet Company. It is a signature consumer internet conglomerate, managing marquee brands such as BharatMatrimony, CommunityMatrimony and EliteMatrimony. BharatMatrimony is considered the largest and most trusted matrimony brand which has also established a considerable retail presence with over 120 self-owned retail outlets across India. The Company delivers matchmaking and marriage related services to users in India and the Indian diaspora. The Company has pioneered several new business models such as WeddingBazaar.com, Mandap.com and CommunityMatrimony.com, a consortium of over 300 community matrimony websites.
For more details, visit https://www.matrimony.com
Certain statements in this release could be forward-looking statements on our business. These involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update any such forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.