Bank’s Global Business reached Rs.1640582 crore
|Key Highlights (9 Months period ended) (Dec 2019 V/s Dec 2020)|
| Domestic Business of the Bank grew by 8.69%.Net-Interest Income grew by 21.47%. |
Non-Interest Income grew by 28.64%. Operating Profit grew by 37.29%.
Net Profit grew by 112.21%. Domestic NIM improved by 26 bps.
Cost to Income Ratio improved by 488 bps.
Retail Credit grew by 9.33% with Housing loan at 13.32%.
CASA Deposits increased by 14.89%. Retail term deposit grew by 18.19%.
Gross NPA Ratio down by 236 bps.
Net NPA Ratio down by 298 bps.Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) improved by 1452 bps.
CRAR stood at 13.69% as at Dec 2020. Out of which Tier-I is 10.45% and Tier-II is 3.24% as at Dec 2020.
Key Highlights (3 Months ended)
(Dec 2019 V/s Dec 2020)
Net-Interest Income grew by 14.58%. Non-Interest Income grew by 63.09%.
Operating Profit grew by 46.65%.
Cost to Income Ratio improved by 567 bps.
Key Highlights (3 Months ended)
(Sep 2020 V/s Dec 2020)
Operating Profit grew by 16.02% to Rs.5382 Cr.Net Profit grew by 56.76% to Rs.696 Cr.
Total Income increased by 3.08% to Rs.21479 Cr.
Non-Interest Income increased by 35.44 % to Rs.4273 Cr.
Key Summary of Business Performance (as on 31.12.2020)
- ● Global Business increased by 6.97% (y.o.y) to Rs.1640582 Cr as at Dec 2020 with Global Deposits at Rs.973021 Cr 7.80% (y.o.y) and Global Advance (gross) at Rs.667561 Cr 5.79% (y.o.y).
- Domestic Deposit of the Bank stood at Rs.928325 Cr as at Dec 2020 with growth of 9.49% (y.o.y).
- Domestic Advances (gross) of the Bank stood at Rs.644826 Cr as at Dec 2020 with growth of 7.55% (y.o.y).
- RAM constitutes 56.65% of Total Advances.
- Retail lending Portfolio increased 9.33% (y.o.y) to Rs.113835 Cr as at Dec 2020.
- Housing Loan Portfolio increased 13.32% y.o.y to Rs.62074 Cr.
- Vehicle Loan portfolio stood at Rs.13537 Cr as at Dec 2020.
- Advances to Agriculture grew by 10.95% (y.o.y) to Rs.150652 Cr as at Dec 2020.
- Gross Non-Performing Assets (GNPA) ratio reduced to 7.46% as at Dec 2020 down from 8.23% as at Sept 2020, 9.39% as at March 2020 and 9.82% as at Dec 2019.
- Net Non-Performing Assets (NNPA) ratio reduced to 2.64% as at Dec 2020 down from 3.42% as at Sept 2020, 4.34% as at March 2020 and 5.62% as at Dec 2019.
- Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) improved to 84.89% as at Dec 2020 from 70.37% as at Dec 2019.
- CRAR stood at 13.69% as at Dec 2020. Out of which Tier-I is 10.45% and Tier-II is 3.24% as at Dec 2020.
- Bank successfully raised capital during FY21 through:-
AT-1 Bonds:-2816.10 Cr
QIP Equity:- 2000 Cr
Priority Sector & Financial Inclusion
- The Bank has achieved Targets in Priority Sector and Agricultural Credit at 47.36% and 19.54% of ANBC as at Dec 2020, as against the mandatory target of 40% and 18% respectively.
- Credit to Weaker Sections stood at 17.88% of ANBC, exceeding the target of 10%.
- Bank has opened 137 lakhs accounts under PMJDY and mobilised CASA deposits of Rs.5803 Cr as at Dec 2020.
- As on 31.12.2020, the Bank has 10491 number of Branches, 3075 Rural, 3175 Semi- Urban, 2103 Urban & 2138 Metro along with 12973 ATMs.
About Canara Bank:
Widely known for customer centricity, Canara Bank was founded by Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a great visionary and philanthropist, in July 1906, at Mangaluru, then a small port town in Karnataka. Canara Bank is the fourth-largest public sector bank in the country after its amalgamation with Syndicate Bank in April 2020. At present, it is functioning with 10,491 Branches, 3075 Rural, 3175 Semi- Urban, 2103 Urban & 2138 Metro along with 12973 ATMs throughout. The Bank has gone through various phases of its growth trajectory over the hundred years of its existence. The growth of Canara Bank was phenomenal, especially after nationalization in the year 1969, attaining the status of a national level player in terms of geographical reach and clientele segments. In June 2006, the Bank completed a century of operation in the Indian banking industry. The eventful journey of the Bank has been characterized by several memorable milestones. Today, Canara Bank occupies a premier position in the comity of Indian banks.